Service Booking FAQs
What do I need to book a service?
1) First, establish how long it will take to package/send your suspension from your location to our workshop. Then check our earliest Booking Date on the front page of our website. If you're sure you can get your suspension to us by noon on that day, then click on the 'Book Service Now' button on the front page book for that (or a later) date. Please do not book a date earlier than you can get your suspension to us and remember that most forks can't be sent by post on a next-day service, as they are too large. Please note - if you live in the Highlands or the following AB postcodes (31-35; 41-54) and are using our courier collection and return service you need to allow for 2 days carriage each way.
2) When you book, you'll need to know the make, model and, if possible, the year of your suspension.
3) When you book you will not need your credit/debit card or PayPal details as we do not charge you until the work has been completed.
4) When you book (by phone or online), we'll give you a Booking Reference Number to put on the package. When you're ready to send your suspension to us by the Booked Date, print and complete the Service Order Form and write the Booking Reference Number on the address label at the bottom. Attach the label to the outside of the package, and put the rest of the form inside with your suspension.
How much will it cost?
For details on our charges for your fork/shock, select the Service Tab on the home page and then select your suspension brand and model. Don't forget to include the appropriate shipping/ postage costs depending on whether you are sending your suspension to us or using our courier collection service. If additional charges are required to complete the work you will be asked for authorisation before it is carried out. All prices include VAT at current UK rate (except non-EU customers).
How much is return carriage?
|Great Britain - Forks and Shocks||Delivery Time||Shocks||Forks|
|UK Mainland next working day (excludes Highlands & Islands, N Ireland)||1 day||£7.00||£9.00|
|Scottish Highlands (All Highland postcodes & AB31-35, 41-54) Please note collections from these areas are a 2 day service||2 day||£7.00||£9.00|
|Scottish Islands||2 days||£7.00||£15.00|
|Offshore Islands (IoM/Channel Islands/ Northern Ireland)||2 days||£16.00||£25.00|
|UK Saturday delivery (UK Mainland only)||1 day||£12.00||£15.00|
|Europe - Forks and Shocks||Delivery Time (average)||Shocks||Forks|
Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Czech Rep, Denmark,Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Itlay, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxemburg, Netherlands, Norway, Poland,
Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland
Please note if your postcode falls within a remote or 'less accessible' location a £15 delivery surcharge will be applied to your return carriage charge.
Can you arrange collection of my fork/shock?
We can collect your suspension from a work or home address for £13, if you are sending forks or multiple items of suspension then this is an economical option. If you are just sending a shock then it is generally cheaper to send your suspension using alternative commerical carriers. Return charges for forks and shocks are shown above.
Collections can be arranged for a working day of your choice (unspecified time) and will arrive with us the day after (2 days for Highland and AB postcodes 31-35; 41-54).
- Day 1 – Submit your collection request (via the online Booking service or by phoning us)
- Day 2 (or a later day of your choice) – the courier driver from Interlink Express collects your package between 9:00-17:00
- Day 3 – Your package arrives with us by 9:00
* Day = working day
IMPORTANT! We are unable to specify a collection time or period. The parcel MUST be available to collect between 9:00 and 17:00 on collection day.
Can be a residential or business address in mainland UK. Addresses in the Scottish Highlands may take longer than above or not be possible at all – please call us.
Please organise people at your end to expect the driver, because if they come and for any reason don't get the package there's a £12 failed collection charge. Please give us any instructions that will help ensure a successful pick-up (e.g. collect from Goods In, from Reception, closed 1-2pm, 6th floor, main building, etc.etc.)
Please be ready for the driver, because if they come and for any reason don't get the package there's a £12 failed collection charge. If you prefer, and at your own risk, you can give instructions to collect it from somewhere safe at the address (e.g. shed, porch, wheelie bin, etc.). If your address is difficult to find, please give us final mile instructions to ensure a successful pick-up.
WARNING! If the driver comes to the address and doesn’t get the parcel for any reason, a £12 'failed collection' charge will be added to your invoice.
Your parcel can be returned to a different address. If you want it sent somewhere else, please put the address in the space provided on the booking form.
Pack your fork up to protect it on the journey. If you don’t have a fork box, we recommend something soft then a cardboard wrap. Please dont pack in cylinders as this attracts an additional charge from the courier. Don’t forget to affix the address label to the outside showing your Booking Reference Number. If you book on the phone, please enclose the completed Service Order Form in the package. Online bookings just need the address label as the service information is transmitted directly.
When will I get my suspension back?
We aim to dispatch your suspension unit(s) after the work is completed, at the end of the Booked Date, as long as they arrive with us on (by 12:00) or before this date and we receive payment. Most items are dispatched by our courier, Interlink Express and will normally be delivered to you before 15:00 the next working day, or 16:00 in Scotland. The time taken for your parcel to get to you will depend on where you are and how it's being delivered.
How do I pay?
Payment will be taken when the job is completed. If you need extra work/parts to complete the job, we will call you to discuss options and authorise any additional payment. You can include your payment details on the slip provided, or we will call you once the work is done.
We accept the following payment methods:
Debit/Credit Card - Visa, Visa Electron, Mastercard, Switch, Maestro, Delta and Solo
PayPal - although if you have an alternative, we would prefer it as PayPal costs us 3% more to process.
Bank Transfer - please call or email for details.
A detailed invoice will be sent with the Service Record(s) in a red Documents Enclosed envelope on the front of the package.
What is the guarantee on service work?
All service work is guaranteed for 3 months from the date of repair to be free from defects in workmanship. Any product that is returned within this period and is found to be defective in workmanship will be repaired free of charge. This guarantee does not apply to products that have not been properly installed, maintained, adjusted correctly or simply misused. Neither does it cover product/component failure or wear and tear.
What's your turnaround?
We do your work on the Booked Day and normally send it out that night for Next Working Day delivery in the majority of the UK (Please note that this is not guaranteed). You can see the earliest Booking Date on the front page of our website in the 'TF Tuning and Service' box. During our busy times this can extend to over a week ahead. If it's just a service you need, you can keep riding until your Booked Date. So, for example, if you book for the following Wednesday you can ride the weekend, remove and pack your suspension for collection or dispatch on Monday or Tuesday. We do the work on Wednesday and you get it back on Thursday (UK mainland). If we were booked for Thursday, you would get it back on Friday, etc. Friday jobs are normally delivered on Monday (unless you specify Saturday delivery, which incurrs additional cost).
Please note that if you urgently need your suspension to ride the following weekend then it pays to choose a slot earlier in the week (i.e. Mon-Wed). While we do our utmost to make sure that jobs booked in for Thursday are returned on Friday, occassionally this isn't possible. If you absolutely must have your suspension by the weekend then please allow enough time!
Are you open at the weekends?
No, the workshop is open 9:00-5:00 Monday to Friday, excluding public holidays. Outside these hours you can book servicing or order parts online using our website www.tftuned.com
I'm outside the UK, how do I book service work?
First, choose your own shipping method according to what's available in your country to work out the approximate arrival date. Then Book Online or by phone, choosing a date on or after the planned arrival date. Print the address label with Booking Reference and attach it to the package. Send it to arrive on/before the Booked Day (we understand that this can be difficult, so if it arrives late we will do the work as soon as possible after that date). Very important! Please give us an email address where we can reach you on the day that we do the job. If not, delays can occur if we can't reach you.
Service jobs require the correct paperwork to ensure that they do not attract Customs charges (VAT and duty) on entry to the UK, TF Tuned will not accept any services jobs with outstanding customs charges . Customers are responsible for any duty that may be payable on the receipt of returned, serviced items. Please call before making a booking if you are unsure.
What if I can't print the Service Order Form?
If you booked via the phone and you can't print the service order form, just give us the following information on a piece of paper:
- Name & Address
- Return delivery address if different from your booking/ invoice address
- Contact phone number during working hours (very important - we may need to discuss your service with you)
- Email address
- Your weight & style of riding (e.g. DH, XC, XC trail, Enduro, AM etc)
- Bike make, model & year
- Spring rate or air pressure used
- Brief details of what you want done and any issues you are experiencing with your suspension
How do I prepare my fork/shock for sending?
- Rear shock (air): Leave the mount kit/reducers in the shock eyelets as we will replace any worn reducers as part of the service. Pack your clean shock in soft padding (e.g. bubble wrap) then either in a padded envelope with a cardboard sleeve around the shock, or in a small box.
- Rear shock (coil): Leave the mount kit/reducers in the shock eyelets as we will replace any worn reducers as part of the service. Remove the spring to save posting costs. Pack your clean shock in soft padding (e.g. bubble wrap) then either in a padded envelope with a cardboard sleeve around the shock, or in a small box.
- Fork (single crown): With the crown race still fitted (OK to remove if you prefer), pack your clean fork in soft padding (e.g. bubble wrap) then either in a cardboard sleeve rolled around the length of it, or in a box.
- Fork (double crown): Slide the uppers out of the crowns whilst still on the bike (we don't need the crowns), then pack your clean fork in soft padding (e.g. bubble wrap) then either in a cardboard sleeve rolled around the length of it, or in a box.
- We ask that you clean and remove mud etc. from your fork and/or shock before sending it in.
- Oil leaks: If your suspension is leaking oil, please wrap it in polyethylene/ plastic!!
- In line with our environmental policy, we will normally reuse and return your suspension in the same packaging.
Is the package insured?
It's up to you to arrange insurance as required for the journey to us (except if you use our collection service). For the return journey and for our courier collection, the packages are insured.
What if I miss my Booking Date?
If your suspension arrives after 11am on its Booked Day or later, or it is unbooked, we cannot promise same-day turnaround although we will do it as soon as possible.